2/27/11

Girls' Trip

Last week I went on a trip with 3 of my friends. We all have 4 kids each, and our cute husbands watched our kids while we partied for 3 days.

Our flight was really early on Thursday, so we arrived in Long Beach at 7:30 a.m. (which means we were awake WAY too early!!!) But, that also meant that we had a full day of fun at Disneyland and California Adventure. I was really excited to go to Disneyland because it's been 11 years since I've been, and I was not disappointed. We rode every ride that we wanted to, and we kept the people around us entertained with our conversations. I mean that literally. In line for Indiana Jones the girl in front of us turned around after about 20 minutes of listening to us, and asked us to repeat what we just said. She said she was in a college class, anthropology or something, and she had been walking around listening to conversations for the past 2 days, and she liked listening to us the most, and was jotting down notes as fast as her hand could fly. A little weird, sure, but we tried to keep the conversations really entertaining for her.

The tower of terror was my favorite ride! I took a picture of the picture that they take of you. I think my hair is pretty funny. All the pictures of me throughout the day are just as good. I know I look like a spaz, but that's ok...It's the happiest place on earth.
It was the last one that we rode, and had I known how much I would love it I probably would have dragged Megan, Lindsay, and Sarah on it a few more times throughout the day. We ended our day by going to the Color of Wonder show. I thought it was really cool. It was a busy day for us. We were there from open until after close, so we were pretty tired by the end of the day.

Friday we did the fun Hollywood/Beverly Hills experience, and I was reminded just how disgusting the walk of fame is. There are some crazy people that hang around that area! But it was fun anyway. I just made sure to clutch my purse with a vise grip, and stay together with the other girls. Good thing we had GPS because none of us had any clue how to get to the Hollywood sign, or how to get to anything else in L.A., but Sarah's phone was a lifesaver more than once. My favorites from Friday were going to the Hollywood sign and going to the Beverly Center. The Beverly Center, for those of you who don't know is a crazy expensive mall in Beverly Hills. The reason I loved going here wasn't because of the stores, it was because of the people. I have NEVER, and I repeat NEVER seen that many beautifully put together people in one place in my life. And beautiful black men. Compliments to them!!! They might as well have been dropping hundred dollar bills as they walked. The clothes, the hair, the jewelry was just beautiful. I have no idea if that is what it's always like at that mall, or if some NBA players/ family and friends were doing some shopping before the All Star weekend at the Staples center, but I don't care. It was so much fun to people watch, and enjoy the experience.

To wrap it up, Saturday we went to Newport, Costa Del Mar, and Balboa. We drove to the Newport temple just to see it. We ate pizza at a really yummy place on the beach, then walked the pier a little. Then we headed to South Coast plaza to shop for the rest of the day. It's funny because I got sick and was really sick for the entire trip, (yay for me), but I didn't really feel how sick I was until we got home from our trip because we were so busy having fun. I really hope we make this a tradition because I had so much fun with these girls!









1 comment:

Darla said...

oh my gosh, how fun was this? so jealous!! I wanna hang with you for 3 days! And no kids at the happiest place on earth? come on! (;