11/7/10

Finally...

We did it. She is FINALLY potty trained!! I was afraid to potty train Brynn. Yep, I'll admit it. I wanted to potty train Brynn a few months ago at the beginning of summer, but I would shudder at the thought of getting up and down a million times, and taking her to the bathroom 50 times in a day being huge prego...SO i waited.

So it has been an ongoing question of me asking Brynn if she wants to go on the potty, with the same answer from her ALWAYS! No, I don't want to go on the potty. I would ask if she wanted to be a big girl? I will give you candy, ice cream, money, read to you, give you anything, but please will you go potty? Nope, she didn't care about anything, and she would run away screaming. (That's super reassuring that she is ready right?!) But one day I offered the right thing for our little Brynny. I asked if she wanted a party. For whatever reason she was into it. She wanted a party with a rainbow cake and balloons. I tossed ice cream into the mix just to keep her excited, and we started the potty training process.

Well, like I said I was afraid to try with her, and for good reason. The first few days were CRAZY!! She wet her pants so many times, and she lost her enthusiasm for it about 20 minutes into the process. So we had to keep reminding her of the ultimate goal in different ways to keep her motivated. There was lots and lots of screaming, "I don't want to be a big girl", and I almost threw in the towel a few times. Then, in true Brynn fashion, she decided she would do it. She would be potty trained, and she just was. Simple as that. On the 4th day it just clicked and she started telling us that she needed to go. She could hold it, and she didn't even need a pull-up at night. Now we have had a few accidents, but 99% of the time she's totally good, and I am so excited about it!

Side note. She is the only kid that Andy has been involved in helping to potty train, (During the day anyway. He was always gone at work), and I am so happy that he was there to help! He thought it was a crazy process, but seriously I don't know if I would have kept up with it had he not been there. She has a knack for needing to go right when I start nursing the baby, of coarse.

No comments: