At 1 they are then only given the binky at naps and bedtime, great, same for Brynn. Then around 2 it goes in the garbage and we are all better for it.
Well, I got a reality check. The first few days without were as expected. She cried for a long time, then eventually gave up and took her nap. Then by day 3 less crying and more sleep, yeah me I'm thinking, I so know what I'm doing. Then, by day 7 it's not getting better, and during the second week of no binky she maybe slept once!
So... the binky's back!!! Judge me if you want, but I know when I've been defeated, and this time I LOSE!!! She was SO excited to go to the store and get a new binky, and the little stinker obediently laid down for her nap rolled over and knocked out. She doesn't even care if she has it at bed time, but now I have my wonderful, easy napper back! This time she was definitely a winner winner chicken dinner!!
3 comments:
Megan (my third) was just like that. She LOVED her binkie. Sean was in and out of town a bunch when she was 1 and a half - 2 years old, so I gave in and just let her keep it until just shortly after her second birthday. She was happy, I was happy. Then when I took it away for good, it was easy as could be (she asked for it a few times, and then just came to grips that it was gone). Nathan is almost a year and a half now - I think he likes it just as much as Megan. We'll see how the weening thing goes for him. Good times.
Be thankful it's a binky and not a thumb. Piper is a thumb sucker, and I have no idea how to get her to stop. Congrats on #4 that's exciting! When are you due. I'm due May 11 and both my girls were born right around their due dates, but I can always hope she'll come early :)
Oh,
just wait until she's 3. It won't hurt her when she's 16, right? Or even 12. Or eight, even?! It's worth your (and her) sanity! (:
Post a Comment