Abbi has Mrs. Hall for 1st grade this year. She has been so excited about starting ALL day school since before kindergarten, and the time has finally arrived. I so did not expect the wave of emotions that gripped me for most of the day. I was on the brink of tears all day long! But she's the first one gone, ALL DAY LONG...I can only imagine how I'll be with the last.
It's not always easy to get a picture of Abbs, so here are the precious few that I did get. She was not into smiling because she has a bandaid under her nose from a nasty scrap, and it hurt to smile.


When asked about her favorite things of the day she told me the lunch room is awesome, she got 3 recesses, and she made a new friend. Then she added, her words not mine, "It was my lucky underwear. I wore it today and I was brave and made a new friend." I had no idea that she had lucky underwear.( Goes to show how well I know my own kid.)
1 comment:
Oh, that's soo funny (the lucky underwear part)!! Girls always have little secrets, Megan. Don't ya know? Our 1st graders! Sooo big. We'll see if I can pull it together and get some pics of Cole on his first day..probably not since it's already passed.
Post a Comment